Saturday, July 14, 2007

Le Morte d'Arthur

This packet briefly walks its reader through the legend of King Arthur. It explains that it is indeed very likely that Arthur at one point in history actually existed. However, today we do not know exactly how the real King Arthur lived because we have been over come with many great tales of accomplishments that he may have been apart of. With each author that rewrote his story it seemed to distance its self further and further from it's ties with the non-fiction realm. Today we know him as a knight, a king, a man that had his own personal magician and the man that introduced a proper conduct for kinghthood. This packet was highly informative but I fear that it may have spoiled T.H. Whites version of the story for me. Very rarely did I stumble upon a passage while reading this packet, that I could not understand. It described several relevant words to the storys, such as legend, epic, medieval romance, and episodic. All in all it was a very informative packet that I almost enjoyed reading. I only wish that I had not read it before The Once and Future King.

No comments: